The application takes as parameters:
- Input file describing the problem;
- Input file with desired neighborhood control parameters;
- The size of the experiment: number of different initial solutions to create;
- Number of jobs: to split the experiment over the infrastructure;
- Seed: for the Linear Congruential Generator (using the same seed, a user can replicate the experiment);
- TAG: a name for the experiment to track the results.
The available heuristics up to now are:
- Iterative Improvement;
- Simulated Annealing;
- Threshold Accepting;
- Tabu Search.
All information regarding to input files and control parameters can be found in the LiSA manual, available at http://bit.ly/lisa_manual (also available in german).
Which is the best schedule, subject to business restrictions?